Monday, June 1, 2015

June 1, 2015

Hmmmm. Where to start?? Well, this week was good. I don't think its possible to have a bad week on a mission because there is too much to love no matter how hard it is. I will admit that this week I got pretty down. Things have gotten pretty hard for us and I just can't figure out what to do. I'm the oldest on the mission, and now I just feel like I've tried everything and it was hard to admit that I just didn't know what to do. But then I had a really cool experience. So, Elder Cook from the 1st quorum of the 70 came to Swaziland this weekend and President Kretly wasn't able to come and see him. So I got to help him get to his place that he would be staying at, help him know where the chapels are and show him around a bit. And then we weren't planning on having any meetings with him but then on Saturday, he said, ya know what, why don't you elders come to my meeting with the YSA tomorrow. So we got to attend his fireside with the YSA and it was incredible. He and his wife answered questions, told stories, and gave advice. And so so so many of my prayers were answered during that time. Afterward, I got a little bit of time to talk with him personally and ask him some really personal questions. And, all I can say is he truly is an inspired man and he was an answer to my prayers. One thing I talked to him about was how I've felt like I've kinda failed here in Swaziland. How I haven't done what I was asked to do. And he asked me a few questions and then said, "Elder, you weren't called to do all those things you think you were. You were called to serve God with all your heart, might, mind, and strength. And I can tell you that God is happy and pleased and that you are one of his most valiant warriors. I felt the spirit when I met you and I know you have done your job." It was kinda a... surreal moment. Not to toot my own horn... but to just feel the love of God. For the first time in a while, I just felt completely happy. He taught me so much during the weekend. And one of the big things he taught me was faith. All through out the whole fireside he talked a lot about just having more faith. And he said, "have more faith elder. But don't worry, I'm still working on it too." Then as he and his wife left, he gave me a hug and said he wished he could come to my homecoming haha. But truly he was a blessing to me. And so I've thought a lot about faith lately... Another thing that he talked about was Elder Perry. He said that at about 3:00 am he was called to be informed that Elder Perry had passed away and then went on to just tell a bit about Elder Perry. He said that at conference he was completely healthy but then about a week after conference, they found a quick growing cancer on his neck and within weeks it took his life. But he said, even on his last days of life, he insisted that he be wheeled into his office to do his work because he was still alive and needed to endure to the end. It was just crazy to know how dedicated those men truly are to the work of the Lord. He said Elder Packer is the same exact way. Anyways, General Authorities are awesome. That is one reason I am going to miss being a missionary is just getting to be in contact with these men of God so dedicated to his work and see them so often. But I love you all and hope that you have a great week! Last full week of work here we go!

Love,
Elder Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment