Monday, November 17, 2014

November 17, 2014

Good morning family and friends,
Well it was inevitable... I knew that it would eventually happen and it did yesterday. I just want you to all know that I am just fine!!! Nothing happened in the end. But this is the story. So yesterday, Elder Ence and I were walking through this little alley, when a man who had been drinking walked out of a bar, saw us and pulled out two guns on us! One pointed at Elder Ence, one pointed at me. He didn't say anything though, just sat there. So we proceeded onward. We kept walking towards him until he turned and started walking with us, guns still out. He looked elder Ence up and down, but he was somewhat a small man and so Elder Ence began to giggle. That's when he pointed the gun at Elder Ence's foot and yelled in english, "You should run if you get the CHANCE!!" But I thought to myself, "Run to where?" So we just kept walking. Then we turned down onto a main road where there were some cars and he ended up Chuck Norris roundhouse kicking one of the cars that went by and then started to act like our security guard. Then Elder Ence just turned and said thanks to him and the guy said thanks back and then walked away as if nothing had happened.... It was INSANE!!! What a way to end the transfer!

So anyways on with the rest of the week. Well the big news of today is that I am staying again! With elder ence. We are both staying for a third transfer together. This is the first companion that I have had for 3 transfers. Hopefully he doesn't die being with me for that long haha. And this is my 5th transfer here... so I will have about 7 months here by the end of this transfer! I guess the Lord wants me to learn a thing or two here. Ummm but other than that, the week was good. It got really really blazing hot and it also rained and has been a little chilly in the same week. It was crazy, on saturday it was super hot and all of a sudden like thousands of these little flying cockroaches just came out of the ground everywhere! But there was this huge toad in our yard who just sat there eating them for like 2 hours, and then when he was done, he hopped off, dug a hole in the dirt and burried himself hahahaha. But he ate so many!!!! Like he had a pretty good average of about 13 cockroaches per minute and he was there for almost two hours.. I thought he was gonna explode. But the baptism went well... It didn't go exactly how we had planned it but it went well. Unfortunately, the husband had a little relapse with his drinking the day before the baptism and so he wasn't able to be baptized yet but the wife was baptized. So the picture is of her and then elder stubbs had a family where the wife was already a member but the husband was baptized. And so we will just continue working with the husband! I know it will all work out in the end. Other than that, life continues on! I love you all so much and hope you have a great week! 

Elder Lynn
P.S. the toads name is Kendrick
P.S.S. They weren't real guns that we had pointed at us.. it was some crazy drunk guy pointing his hands at us like they were guns.... hahahahahahahahahaha :) Love you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment