Monday, November 10, 2014

November 10, 2014

Dear Family,
Well, its week 6, the last week of the transfer. We'll see what transfers bring us. I've been here for almost 6 months now... I am not sure how that time went by so fast. I was thinking back on my time here in Magoanine the other day... When I got here I hadn't quite hit a year on the mission... and now almost 6 months later I am quickly approaching 1 year and a half. Time is flying by. I have made countless eternal friends here in Magoanine and it has (just as the other areas) made a mark on me that will help me forever. I am not sure where this next transfer will take me, but I know that the Lord has a plan for me. This past week, was good and bad. The bad, we are having a really hard time finding new families. We have been searching and trying so incredibly hard and yet it just isn't coming. So that was frustrating. But on the bright side, our families that we already have, made a lot of progress. Pinto and Lizete are prepared for baptism and will be baptized on Saturday. Joao and Julia were able to get one document for his wife and are one step closer to marriage and baptism. Bernardo and Mercia took a giant step and she took a 10 hour trip to where they were born to be able to get their birth certificates. It was a big sacrifice but it went well. So all the families are progressing. There is always happy times and sad times. But in the end its just the happy times that we remember. On Saturday, elder ence and I did Holes 2. We went and dug another trash hole... this one was even bigger. I could hardly get out haha. And I was so tired. I am getting up at a little before 6 to work out from 6 to 7 each morning and so that day I worked out from 6 to 7 and then went and dug that hole... I was so tired after hahaha. Another funny moment from the week happened on a division. So its not like we forget english or anything but here and there we say portuguese words mixed in with english but when it comes to anything gospel, thats where I have trouble with english and we contacted a guy from like zimbabway or something that spoke english. So i proceeded to try and contact in english and the following sentence came out, "The families are blessing by this message that we have..." after leaving the contact We couldn't stop laughing at the awkwardness of what I had said haha. It was a good one. But I hope you all have a great week! I love you all so much! Today we are going to the beach to play a little!

Love,
Elder Lynn



 

No comments:

Post a Comment