Monday, March 30, 2015

March 30, 2015

Well, what a week we had here. So last monday, after email, we went to a cultural show for swaziland. It reminds me a lot of the Polynesian Culture Center on a small scale. And it was really really awesome. They all dressed up in the traditional Swazi clothes and then did some different dances. Their dances are very centered on kicking. They kick their legs extremely high so I tried to get a couple of pictures of them kicking. Then they took us on a little tour of a classic swazi home and talked a little bit more about the culture. There is a mountain near the place that is called Execution Mountain because they used to throw people off it when they did something wrong. We were thinking that that had to have been a long time ago right? Nope, they just discontinued the practice in 1978! haha! Super crazy. But it was good to go there. Swazis love that they are swazis and they love their culture so it was good for us to see and appreciate the culture to help us understand and be able to serve the people better!

Tuesday, the McEwens left :( We were very sad. But President and Sister Kretly were here to take them to the airport so we also invited them over for dinner and we made them pizza on Tuesday night and then we had a little 20-30 minute talk and President taught us on the finer points of life ;) haha. It was really nice though. 

Wednesday, President called me and had me come over to the senior couples house, and now since they are gone, I get to do what they were doing before. So there is a member here that kinda works with me, but I am in charge of all the financial stuff for Swaziland now so I will pay the bills and do the monthly financial reports for Swaziland. I also have to take care of the senior couple house and make sure that it stays in good order and a few other new responsibilities. So, more work but it will all be good. I have had to learn quickly how to take care of the financial stuff. I still don't know everything though so hopefully tomorrow or sometime this week, I will be receiving a training from the financial secretaries on what I need to be doing exactly. 

Umm Friday, I went to Mbabane to do a division with Elder Oryang and discuss everything we want to do this transfer. So I had a really good time. He is good missionary and I am excited to be working with him! The only thing that is bad about Mbabane are the mountains. Here in Ezulwini we have the mountains too but we only have to go up them maybe once a day. But there, we are up and down them all day and it gets a little bit tiring. 

Then after that I caught a little flu and wasn't feeling too great so I ended up staying home. I went to church but I didn't work after that. I am still not feeling great but I think it is passing now. Being sick on the mission is no fun for sure! So that was our week!! 

Hopefully we will be moving to our new house tomorrow... but some stuff still needs to be worked out so we aren't exactly sure what will happen yet! But I hope you all have a great week!! I love you and miss you all!

Love,
Elder Lynn




No comments:

Post a Comment