Monday, September 2, 2013

September 2, 2013

Got this e-mail from Elder Lynn today.  He is beginning to adjust and I can hear the Justin we all know and love beginning to come through once again.  He has been VERY homesick but says it is getting a little better each day.  I know in time he will be completely immersed in his mission and it will feel like home to him. 

Family!!
I want to first say I am so sorry for these first few weeks and lack of communication. Due to energy being down and what not its been tough. But I'll try and write as much as I can here. So weather.. Well the weather is insanely hot and I pour sweat all day every day. I can't wait for rainy season haha. We definitely have one of the nicest missionary houses in the mission though so that is a super awesome blessing. We have banana trees, lemon trees, pineapple plants, and coconut trees all in our back yard. So we started making lemon tea at night together with the other missionaries and it is so good!!! We have such an awesome house. But one down side, we found four black mambas living in our back yard haha. So i avoid out there until someone comes to take care of them. We have a little spider friend that lives outside our house. His name is Tiancum. Umm we also so a MASSIVE baboon running down the street the other day... Kinda scary actually haha. But now to try and get to my investigators a little bit. So all my investigators live in the little jungle of manga. My area being forty five minutes away is very hard but getting better. We only take public transportation when we go to Beira. Let me tell you, this makes public transportation look nice in the U.S. so be thankful!! But we are planning a collective marriage and baptism on the 21 of september. Me and my comp will have two families who will be ready to be baptized then!!! But we also have about 3 others who will be closely following in the coming weeks in October if I am still here. Transfers are every 6 weeks here but its not certain you will move or anything. As for the language, its coming slowly but good. I honestly can testify of the gift of tongues. When I am engaged in the lesson and feel the spirit and want to be there, I can really talk and hear. When I want to be poopy and not try and just have a bad attitude, I don't have the gift of tongues! It is real! But I have conversations here with the natives on my own and its truly a miracle! Gosh dang, I should have wrote this first thing cause I'm already running out of time. But I will write a long one next week first thing I promise! I want you to know that I love you all and I appreciate and can feel all the prayers from you all. They really lift me up and help me! I will send pics next week when I get the chance. It will be so much fun to hear from you all again next week. Iºm sorry if I didnºt respond to you this week. The two hours for email goes by too quickly! I love you all!!

Love,
Elder Lynn

*If you are like me and didn't already know, a black mamba is a highly venomous snake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment