Monday, October 27, 2014

October 27, 2014

Wow... What a week! This was one of the more interesting weeks on my mission! So, last tuesday, we were supposed to have a meeting with Elder Clayton from the presidency of the seventy, Elder Ellis from the seventy, and President Kretly. Well they had a meeting in Beira on Monday and then all of sudden their planes got cancelled and lots of stuff happened. Well what ended up happening? Tuesday, or meetings got delayed and only Elder Ellis was able to make it. He came because he knows how to speak portuguese. But the meeting in the end went super well and even though it was quick, it was super awesome! I really loved the meeting! It was awesome! Then we went back and worked what we could that night. Wednesday, we woke up, got going a little bit, and then Elder Ence got sick, so he went to bed and slept. Well, I had a lot of time on my hands, so I decided to clean the whole house first. So I did a deep clean on the whole house, everyone's rooms... everything. Haha it took about 4 hours or so. Then I decided to make some banana bread, so I listened to some talks while I made banana bread for everyone. Then I just relaxed and listened to talks until everyone got home. It was so weird trying to find stuff to do.. I'm not used to not working every day! Haha. Then thursday was normal, friday I had a division with elder Gage and that went really well. It was fun to do a division with him and meet some of the families that they are teaching. Saturday, we got done doing some contacts in the morning and we were about home at about 11:00 a.m. when we got a text from the assistants saying that there was a blood drive going on at the maputo 2 chapel and that if we wanted it was a good chance to serve and we could if we wanted.. We all talked about it and realized, how many chances will we have to donate blood in africa and have it be a safe experience, so we ditched what we were doing and went to the city. When we got there they were so happy because not many people had showed up. So we weighed in... took down info.. all that good stuff. Then one elder started. He got his bag put in and started. Well another Elder saw the needle and blood and apparently didn't like it and he passed out... So they were taking him inside the chapel to recooperate while the rest of us were going. Elder Thomas, Elder Stubbs, and I were all donating at the same time. My bag was about full and then Tualufo, the mission secretary was there and he was like hey your bag is all full you're all done. Well just about that time i started to get a little light headed and I said, to everyone, "I am feeling a little dizzy, oh oh I'm going..." and then I passed out! Haha! I guess because I hadn't eaten dinner the night before and only a little bit of breakfast, the blood loss got to me and then i was out. When I came back to, the district president's wife was standing over me saying, You ressurected! And then everyone was laughing at the fact that I had told them that I was about to pass out. They all thought I was joking until I was out haha. They just couldn't get over that though. They just kept saying, man who knows when they are going to pass out... and who tells everyone like that?? They thought it was hilarious. haha. But that took a little bit out of us. So we went home and rested for a little while and tried to regain some strenghth again and then at about 5:30 pm we went back out and worked that night. Haha so that was quite the day. Now I can say I have donated blood in Africa! Anyways, on another note, the preparations are being made for the wedding this saturday and all is going well. But I think we are gonna hold off a couple weeks with the baptism... We just wanna make sure that they are completely ready and ya.. so the wedding will be this weekend but we'll hold off a little with the baptism. But we are still super excited!!!! The transfer is half over and so we gotta keep working hard! I love you all and hope you have a great week!!
Love,
Elder Lynn


I have two pictures to post but am having trouble getting them to load.  Will try again later!


No comments:

Post a Comment