Monday, October 21, 2013

October 21, 2013

Hello friends and family!

Well week four of the transfer is done! I'm in an internet cafe where I cant send pictures so no pics this week but hopefully next week! So last monday. Oh man. We had a family night at a members house and brought investigators and it was one of the funnest nights I have ever had here! Hahahah. We taught them how to play uno and they were just going crazy! When they get excited they will speak in dialect so we dont know what they are saying haha. But there was a returned missionary there who spoke a little english so he would turn and just say hilarious things to us in english. Mozambicans are honestly so funny especially when it comes to games! So that was so fun. Then on wednesday I had a division with the newest elder in the district so that was really fun. I was in a close area for once and it was weird not having to walk 45 minutes to get to my area. I can't believe I ever drove before! hahah. I think another one of the coolest things happened thursday. We walked with a member who is 20 years old, he was baptized last month and he walked with us to teach lessons for like 4 hours. So him and I just talked the whole time and it was so amazing to think, we are from two different countries, before four months ago I couldn't speak his language and yet here we were talking like friends. The world is a lot smaller than everyone thinks! And then my cool thought from friday was, as I was ironing my shirt I was singing "God be with you till we meet again" in portugues and here the people sing hymns with their own notes sometimes and kinda "africanize" the hymns and so I am now doing it too haha. But I was singing it like them and just thinking, wow, I actually feel like I belong here now and I really do love these people. I think it was really one of the first times that i felt i belonged and that i wanted to be here more than I wanted to be home. It was a wonderful feeling to feel like i really belonged. Then, saturday and sunday was general conference! In portugues! That was most definitely the hardest I've ever had to try and listen before but it was so worth it! I'll be honest though, I am only 18 still so it was kinda hard to pay so close attention for so long so i kinda lost out on the last couple talks but everything I heard was amazing! Ok I'm sorry today everything is so short, we are kinda rushed today and unfortunately thats how it is sometimes. But next week will be better! I love you all and I love this gospel!

Love,
Elder Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment